SHIP-HATS manages its tenants through subscriptions and only agencies can subscribe to SHIP-HATS. Agencies can extend subscriptions to non-agency users such as vendors. There are 4 subscription tiers: Starter, Squad, Team, and Tribe.
Understanding SHIP-HATS subscription
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does an agency subscribe to SHIP-HATS?
- When does billing start for a subscription?
- Can there be users who just have “read-only” access?
- Can I upgrade or downgrade to a different tier and how do I do this?
- Can I add-on or scale-down tools or resources bundled along with my subscription?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Can I monitor resource utilisation at subscription and project levels?
- How many projects can be associated with a subscription?
- How does SHIP-HATS pricing compare with other commercially available CI/CD tools?
- Can I subscribe to individual tools like Jira or Confluence only?
- Can I request for a trial subscription?
- What security classification is supported by SHIP-HATS?
1. How does an agency subscribe to SHIP-HATS?
- Please send an email to enquiries_ENP@tech.gov.sg with the primary email contact.
- We will send an Onboarding Form to the Primary Contact to provide information such as subscription requirements, Start Date, details of Primary Contact, Secondary Contact, Agency Nominated Approver and Billing Contact.
- We review the information provided and email the Universal Service Terms (UST) and Service Sheet to the agency nominated approver for approval.
- Once approved, we provisioni Primary and Secondary subscription administrator accounts.
For vendors, kindly get in touch with the agency that you engage with for SHIP-HATS access.
2. When does billing start for a subscription?
Billing starts only from the first of the following month as we offer free subscription from the day of account provisioning until the first of the following month. For example, if account was provisioned on 5 February 2021, billing starts from 1 March 2021. We charge on a monthly basis, and agency receives invoices every quarter.
3. Can there be users who just have “read-only” access?
Yes. Note that users with read-only access are also counted as one of the users of that subscription.
4. Can I upgrade or downgrade to a different tier and how do I do this?
Yes. Subscription Administrator may upgrade or downgrade to a different tier by raising a service requestii. While you may upgrade to an upper tier anytime, you can downgrade to a lower tier after the Minimum Commitment Periodiii.
For example, if TEAM tier was provisioned on 1 February 2021, the Subscription Administrator may raise a service request to upgrade to TRIBE tier anytime. If needed, you may request to downgrade to SQUAD or STARTER tiers after 1 August 2021.
5. Can I add-on or scale-down tools or resources bundled along with my subscription?
Yes. Subscription Administrator may add-on additional tools or resources any time and scale-down newly added tools after the Minimum Commitment Periodiii. To add on or scale-down the newly added tools, Subscription Administrator can raise a service requestii.
For example, if TEAM tier was provisioned on 1 February 2021 and later you identify a need to have a total of 40 users, 400 shared agent hours and six applications to be scanned for vulnerabilities. In this case, you may add on 2 sets of eight users, 100 shared agent hours and two more apps to your subscription anytime. To remove these add-ons, Subscription Administrator can raise a service request after 1 August 2021.
6. How do I cancel my subscription?
Subscription Administrator can raise a service requestii to cancel after the Minimum Commitment Periodiii. Please note that we do not pro-rate our billings.
7. Can I monitor resource utilisation at subscription and project levels?
Yes, as a Subscription Administrator or a Project Administrator, you can monitor resource utilisation from your SHIP-HATS account.
Subscription Administrators can monitor Plan Details, Named Users, Projects and Bamboo utilisation hours at the subscription level while Project Administrators can monitor Named Users and Bamboo utilisation hours at the associated project level.
8. How many projects can be associated with a subscription?
Every tier can have as many projects as the number of users allowed for it. For example, if you choose SQUAD which provides 8 users, maximum number of projects that can be associated will be 8.
9. How does SHIP-HATS pricing compare with other commercially available CI/CD tools?
Based on Total Cost of Ownership which includes set up and operating costs (including maintenance and audit), SHIP-HATS’ bundled pricing is approximately 60% more cost-efficient than subscribing to commercial licenses individually. Public officers can visit the Competitive Pricing Assessment for a cost comparison with Azure DevOps and GitLab.
10. Can I subscribe to individual tools like Jira or Confluence only?
We are not offering tools individually now; our bundles have been carefully designed to enable agencies adopt good DevSecOps practices. However, if you are keen and have valid reasons, please let us know using SHIP-HATS Enquiries form so that we may assess the possibility based on the demand.
11. Can I request for a trial subscription?
Yes, we offer a 1-month trial account subject to availability. Agencies can reach enquiries_ENP@tech.gov.sg to request for trial accounts.
12. What security classification is supported by SHIP-HATS?
SHIP-HATS supports applications and content that are “Restricted” or below.
[i] Depending on the agency’s response time to answer any follow-up queries raised by us, it may take 1-3 business days to provision the Subscription Administrator accounts.
[ii] We take 1-3 business days to process a service request.
[iii] Six consecutive months from the date of account provisioning.
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.
Last updated 27 July 2021