With more people interacting with the government through websites and mobile applications, it becomes increasingly important for the government to understand the user experience and impact of its digital services. This inspired the creation of WOGAA.
WOGAA monitors the performance of government websites and digital services in real-time in a convenient and user-friendly manner. It presents key information such as website traffic, user feedback, recommendations to improve site performance as well as benchmarks against whole-of-government (WOG) averages in a single dashboard. These useful data points coupled with a fuss-free user interface, allows public officers to conveniently access the information they need so that they can make effective data-driven decisions and proactively improve their services. Providing this as a central service allows the government to reap benefits from economies of scale and provide additional cross-agency features such as performing comparisons across other government agencies, sectors and users to cultivate the notion of learning from one another and accelerate improvements.
What is WOGAA?
If you are picturing WOGAA as a single dashboard, you will be surprised to find that WOGAA consists of four micro products integrated onto one platform. This provides an end to end toolbox for users to maintain government digital services holistically.
The four key features of WOGAA are as shown below.
- WOGAA Uptime: This feature tracks daily uptime and downtime of digital services and notifies users via email and/or SMS instantaneously when their website becomes unavailable. This allows agencies and their vendors to rectify the issue promptly and ensure that their digital services remain available to the public.
- WOGAA Inspect: This feature generates technical scores in the areas of Performance, Accessibility, Best Practices and Searchability/Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). To increase these scores, WOGAA Inspect also provides users with actionable technical recommendations that directly tackles the areas of improvement. This gives users immediate next steps to readily improve the usability of their digital services.
- WOGAA Analytics: This feature provides an overview of how a user’s digital services are performing in a user-centric dashboard. This gives users the option of assessing digital service performances across WOG or viewing a specific agency’s performance for more granular data analysis. Key metrics such as the total number of visitors, average time spent by visitors, trending pages etc are displayed to provide a deeper understanding of audience preferences and behaviours.
- WOGAA Sentiments: This feature allows users to collect user feedback and ratings on their websites and digital services through a customisable widget. This qualitative voice-of-the-customer feedback complements the quantitative data users have, providing a more holistic view of the health of their services. This feature is also powered with analytics which provides additional parameters such as platform, device, country, and other related audience metrics for more advanced Sentiments analysis. For more information on Sentiments, you can visit this link.
Why Should WOGAA be Adopted?
The key benefits of WOGAA from a policy and WOG perspective are as shown below.
- Providing an Automated Central Platform: Strategic decision-making, based on the analysis of data and information, is essential for maintaining and serving businesses & citizens. The challenge for many agencies is that data sits in siloed systems that do not integrate and sync with each other. WOGAA’s central platform brings together data from various tools and agencies, allowing them to view each other’s digital service performance and constantly take steps to improve. This enhances the communication between agencies, saving valuable manhours.
- Economies of Scale: WOGAA is a free platform for all government agencies. Most of the effort in maintaining WOGAA is concentrated centrally which greatly reduces the cost and effort required by agencies to track and monitor their digital services.
- Data Governance: WOGAA provides the WOG digital universe for public officers from the Singapore government. This eliminates the need for manual and multiple engagements for data governance needs.
- Automated Reporting of Key Metrics: WOGAA automates the reporting of key metrics into daily, weekly, and monthly reports that can be exported as files directly or sent to users’ emails. This allows public officers who are not WOGAA users to access insights on the performance of their agency’s digital services at their convenience.
- WOG Data Sharing: WOGAA is accessible to all government agencies, hence it enables WOG data sharing. This encourages agencies to learn from each other and improve together.
How Do You Use WOGAA?
- WOGAA Uptime: To use WOGAA Uptime, users can subscribe for email and/or SMS notifications via WOGAA. This allows users to be notified via their preferred platform once downtime occurs.
- WOGAA Inspect: WOGAA Inspect provides a dashboard for viewing the Performance, Accessibility, Best Practice and Searchability/Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) scores of an agencies’ digital service. Users can also view actionable recommendations to improve the scores of each component as well or generate a report for further analysis.
- WOGAA Analytics: WOGAA Analytics presents data such as visits, page views, bounce rate, visit duration etc in a consolidated dashboard that can be viewed collectively.
- WOGAA Sentiments: Users can customise the questions, positioning, colours and choose from a selection of designs to ensure the widget matches the page. Once the public leaves user feedback on the relevant services, WOGAA Sentiments presents the scores against a 6-point scale rating in a dashboard, allowing users to view a breakdown of all audience ratings and feedback or download a report containing qualitative and quantitative Sentiments data for further analysis. Users can also subscribe to the Sentiments report to receive daily or weekly user feedback straight to their email inboxes.
- The Digital Services KPI Dashboard was created through a combination of technology and policy guidelines. With the aim of uplifting digital services standards across the WOG, the dashboard focuses on six key metrics such as page load time, transaction completion rate, transaction customer satisfaction, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), accessibility and system uptime. Since its inception, users have noticed a significant reduction in time spent when consolidating the key metrics that matter to them. They have also observed instant improvements in areas such as accessibility and SEO and were able to use the Sentiments feedback collected to improve various aspects of their digital services. From a WOG perspective, this trend is climbing steadily and expected to continue to grow throughout 2021.
- Building an end-to-end central analytics dashboarding tool is a huge facet of the WOGAA ecosystem. But upskilling public officers and building a data-driven community among the digital service owners/agencies is also crucial in encouraging government agencies to learn and improve together. In FY20, the team saw over 2,600 attendees at WOGAA events altogether, with a doubling of the number of users. WOGAA events cover a range of topics including an introduction to web analytics workshops, product webinars and guest speaker events aimed at providing the community with useful industry practices and insights. The WOGAA team also launched the WOGAA’s very own advocate programme that saw a 71% agency take-up rate in its first run. With the influx of new users steadily rising, the team has also continuously made plans to provide more demonstration sessions and resources to support them.
In 2021, the WOGAA team combined policy and tech for digital services improvement via our Digital Services KPI Dashboard. In 2022, the team intends to launch a dynamic and customisable dashboard for their advanced users.
WOGAA is only available for Singapore public officers with a government-issued email. Register for your account through this link.
For enquiries on WOGAA, email email@example.com.
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.
Last updated 16 July 2021