- Digital Solutions to Address COVID-19
- COVID-19 ChatBots
- Government Assisted Living Ecosystem
- GoBusiness COVID Portal
- GoWhere Suite
- Space Out
- Content Management
- Data and APIs
- IRAS API Marketplace
- Land Transport Datamall
- MAS APIs
- OneMap APIs
- SingStat APIs
- Tourism Information and Services Hub APIs
- URA APIs
- Digital Identity
- Infrastructure and Hosting
- Sensor Platforms and Internet of Things
- Asynchronous Data Exchange
- Digital Operations Smart Services
- IOT Tech Stack
- Personal Alert Button
- Sensor Asset Management
- Productivity Tools
Myinfo, a key product under the National Digital Identity (NDI) Smart Nation Strategic National Project, helps citizens and residents manage and consent to have their personal data retrieved across participating Government agencies to pre-fill forms for digital transactions.
Authenticated through Singpass, Myinfo functions as a personal data platform. Users will only need to provide personal data once to digital services instead of repeatedly providing data for every online transaction. Data security and personal control over the data shared is also ensured through Myinfo.
What is Myinfo?
Myinfo is a service that allows Singapore citizens and residents to pre-fill digital forms with their personal data from government sources while giving them control over how their information is shared. All Singpass users are automatically provisioned with a Myinfo profile. Users can also view their personal data and access records of past usage via the Singpass app.
Users can share their personal data securely for transactions with private and public sectors by providing consent with their Singpass, which removes manual data entry and verification for each online transaction. This results in higher data quality and facilitates “instant” approvals, saving time and increasing efficiency in the process. By retrieving data from various government sources, Myinfo enables businesses to complete the “Know-Your-Customer” (KYC) process without the need for customers to provide additional verification documents.
The private and public sector can integrate their digital services with Myinfo API to improve customer experience and facilitate more efficient online transactions. With Myinfo API, more businesses can allow instant provisioning of products, where applicable.
Why Should Myinfo be Adopted?
As of July 2021, close to 700 digital services offered by Government agencies and businesses have been onboarded to Myinfo.
Since adopting Myinfo, businesses have reported:
- Usage by 80% of eligible customers.
- An 80% reduction in transaction time for digital transactions.
- A 20% improvement in digital transaction completion due to better user experience (UX).
- A 15% increase in approvals due to better data quality.
- Instant application processing using verified customers’ identities.
Businesses were also able to create a new category of instant products and services by automating customer verification with Myinfo, allowing immediate approval and provisioning of bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and remittance services. This removes the need for manual data management, which is a step towards the development of a true digital economy in Singapore. Besides using Myinfo in the banking, financial and insurance industry, Myinfo is also used in the social service sector. For example, Ray of Hope, a crowdfunding charity, uses Myinfo to verify beneficiaries in crowdfunding campaigns.
How do You Use Myinfo?
For end-users: Users must authenticate themselves via Singpass to use Myinfo as an alternative option to complete online forms automatically instead of manual form filling. Upon providing their consent for Myinfo API to retrieve their personal data from the respective datasets of various government agencies, users can tap on Myinfo seamlessly when accessing and transacting with close to 700 digital services offered by government agencies and businesses currently onboarded to Myinfo.
For the private and public sectors: The following steps are required to integrate Myinfo into a digital service.
- Product/ business owners can refer to the guidelines here.
- Developers can refer to the resources and technical guidelines here and follow the steps listed in the tutorials.
- Once the product owner has crafted the user journey, they can log in to this link with their Singpass to submit a linkup request for approval.
- Once the linkup request is approved, the product owner can follow up with the subsequent steps to agree to the Terms and Agreement and complete the app configuration.
To access Myinfo’s REST APIs, visit the documentation service here.
Since releasing Myinfo API to the private sector in 2017, financial institutions and insurance firms have quickly implemented Myinfo to facilitate Know-Your-Customer (KYC) checks. Through Myinfo, major Singapore banks, such as DBS, OCBC and UOB, can offer remote, paperless services, including applications for credit cards and the opening of new bank accounts.
The Myinfo platform has significantly improved the private sector’s KYC processes, strengthened their compliance procedures and increased marketplace trust by increased identity assurance. Of all the “live” digital services offered by private sector companies, many are “instant” services that have been made possible by Myinfo.
The “instant” verification process afforded by Myinfo improves companies’ efficiency, reduces manpower and costs needed to verify applicants’ data and increases customer conversion rates. Customers’ user journeys and data privacy have also been enhanced since the only required information is directly sent upon their consent to the receiving organization. This bypasses intermediaries in the process.
The success stories of DBS and Wise (formerly TransferWise) are as shown below.
- For DBS, verifying customer identities through ICs or telecom bills for setting up new accounts is now a thing of the past. With Myinfo, customer verification can be conducted within seconds, and setting up new accounts can occur almost instantaneously. This reduces the time spent processing applications and the dropout rate from customers due to tedious verification exercises have decreased.
MyInfo is now an integral part of DBS’s digitalisation efforts and is expected to be integrated into more of its services moving forward.
- For Wise, customer verification is now an instant process as Wise assists customers with money transfers globally. Before integrating with Myinfo in September 2018, customers had to verify their identities by presenting documentation such as identity cards in Wise’s physical offices. Even when Wise became the first international money transfer company to verify customer identities through selfies containing official documentation shots, this still required manual vetting of photos by staff, resulting in delays. Thus, late payments for university tuition fees or credit loans could be incurred by customers, reducing overall customer satisfaction. Just two months after the adoption of Myinfo, statistics showed that close to 35% of Wise’s customers opted to verify their identity through Myinfo instead, which has improved efficiency and cut verification costs by 30
The integration of Myinfo API to improve Wise’s customer onboarding process has been seamless through the use of tools on the Singpass Developer & Partner Portal, which allowed Wise’s development team to run apps in a sandbox for testing before rolling it out.
Myinfo is expected to integrate into more online services to faciliate seamless customer experiences and streamline business processes. Future plans for Myinfo will be showcased on this page when they are available.
For enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Myinfo’s REST API
- Guidelines for product/ business owners
- Resources and technical guidelines for developers
Last updated 25 August 2021
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.