Developers can access and leverage the various technologies and tools that Government agencies have open-sourced. Our open-source tools include a wide range of products for areas such as digital identity, design and UI, and infrastructure-as-code.
We have also open-sourced some of the digital tools that we are using in our fight against COVID-19.
TraceTogether is a mobile application developed to support existing nationwide efforts to combat COVID-19 by enabling community-driven contact tracing using Bluetooth technology. TraceTogether is built on the BlueTrace protocol; more information can be found here.
VigilantGantry is an AI-driven automated temperature screening gantry that augments existing thermal systems to enhance the rate of contactless scanning. Find out more here.
Our open-source technologies and tools
Apex API Gateway
Apex is a Government API gateway that allows development teams to manage and share their application APIs securely. Apex is available on both internet and intranet environments.
Design and UI
- Singapore Government Design System, a UI component library to help web development teams build quickly with confidence.
- Purple hats is a customisable, automated accessibility testing tool that allows software development teams to assess whether their products are user-friendly to persons with disabilities (PWDs).
Form builder and manager used by the Singapore government and public healthcare institutions to securely collect data from residents and businesses.
Form has been used for various data collection especially during COVID-19 to minimise human contact and possible transmissions. Some of them include:
- Collecting travel and health declarations by visitors to the country.
- Swab tests applications.
- COVID-19 financial assistance applications and distributions.
- Daily temperature declarations by citizens.
- Mandatory primary school registration for 7 years old nationwide.
Using Form grants legitimacy to government agencies collecting sensitive data, making it difficult for malicious actors to steal citizens' data. It also provides rich features that especially support public sector needs - such as table-input fields, OTP verification, contact details, email domain restrictions, logic to disable submissions and date validations.
Form is open sourced on GitHub at https://github.com/opengovsg/formsg
Go is a Government link shortener granting legitimacy to content shared by public officers.
Go.gov.sg has been used for shortening links to various platforms.
go.gov.sg/whatsapp is an application form of the official WhatsApp broadcast of the Singapore government.
go.gov.sg/passport is an application of passport for Singaporean citizens.
Besides that, Go is also used in training materials for Covid-19 healthcare volunteers, press releases about COVID-19, articles and documents.
It saves agencies time from shortening a domain or creating a webpage for new content on their website and also lets citizens know that they are accessing from a legitimate government source.
Go is open sourced at https://go.gov.sg/go-opensource/
Infrastructure-as-code technologies allow development teams to define their application infrastructure through declarative configuration files. This allows teams to deploy their infrastructure more quickly and consistently.
National Digital Identity
Libraries for integrating applications with the National Digital Identity platform.
OpenAttestation is the base framework behind OpenCerts, HealthCerts and TradeTrust.
- OpenCerts is a platform using blockchain to provide an easy and reliable way to issue and validate tamper-resistant certificates.
- HealthCerts comprises a set of digital standards and schema to be used by clinics and labs during the issuance of digital COVID-19 test results/vaccination certificates.
- TradeTrust is a digital utility that comprises a set of globally-accepted standards and frameworks that connects governments and businesses to a public blockchain to enable trusted interoperability and exchanges of electronic trade documents across digital platforms.
The entire framework and its products have been open-sourced, available for both the public and private companies to review, implement and integrate to their systems. The respective source code is located at:
Verify is the official verifier for OpenAttestation-compatible documents either issued or notarised by the Government.
Notarise is powered by OpenAttestation technology. Taking verifiable documents as inputs, the platform verifies the document and passes it through a rules engine before issuing a notarised version of the document.
Postman is a mass communication tool used by Singapore public agencies that was launched in May 2020. Postman has been supporting COVID-19 related use cases to help our public officers reach citizens in this uncertain period of time.
Postman.gov.sg has been used to:
- Send negative COVID-19 swab results to patients.
- Enabling the Ministry of Health's Healthcare Corps in managing COVID-19 volunteers.
- Remind citizens on quarantine notice to reply to geolocation check for compliance.
- Help teachers to communicate with students at home for home-based learning.
- Notify citizens of changes in government agency appointments.
Postman is an omnichannel platform and helps to send messages en masse easily. It also keeps track of your campaign's progress and analytics.
Postman is open sourced at https://github.com/opengovsg/postmangovsg/
Last updated 27 August 2020