Since the onset of COVID-19, there has been a significant increase in individuals serving Stay-Home Notices (SHN), leave of absences (LOAs), and quarantines. This means manual enforcement of the above measures to ensure compliance is no longer feasible. Thus, Homer was created to provide a broad-based system for self-directed periodic check-ins to complement manual check-ins. This alleviates the load on enforcement operations and deters SHN/LOA/quarantine violations amidst Singapore’s fight against COVID-19.
What is Homer?
Homer is a location reporting system for individuals serving SHNs or home quarantines. It exists as an app that periodically alerts individuals throughout the day to request their location by sending over a custom URL and directing users to a location declaration platform. Homer also collects data on the backend and presents this information to enforcement agencies allowing them to better prioritise their manual checks. For more information on Homer, visit this link.
How do You Use Homer?
Once the app has been installed and launched, users will be brought to the “Splash” screen.
- Following which users will be prompted to enter their mobile number and select “Get OTP”. Once they receive the six-digit pin, it can be keyed in to proceed to the next step. If an error occurs, it may mean that the mobile number that was keyed in may not be activated for the app. Users can then fill up this form to allow the Homer team to get back to them.
- Users can then enter the postal code of their SHN/quarantine location, and choose “confirm”.
- A screen containing instructions as well as information on user consent will show up next. If users’ consent, they can select “continue.”
- Homer must be allowed to access a user’s location. For iOS users, select “allow while using app.” For Android users, select “allow all the time.”
- For iOS devices, select “allow” to enable push notifications. After which, users will be brought to the home screen.
- For Android devices, configure battery settings by following the corresponding video tutorial below for your phone brand. This allows location reporting to be sent in the background. Huawei | Oppo | Samsung| Vivo| Xiaomi/Redmi
Homer will remind users to submit location reports multiple times a day.
When shown the selfie instruction page, select the camera button to proceed. Select “ok” for camera permissions for IOS users and “allow” for Andriod users when prompted for camera permissions.
- Users will have to align their faces before pressing the circle button to capture their selfies. Retakes can be done if necessary. Otherwise, select “use photo.”
- Users can then fill up their details in the health report and select “submit” to complete the process.
### Contact Information
Last updated 07 September 2021
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.