SEED is the Singapore Government’s implementation of an Identity and Access Management (IAM) and zero trust platform that protects against unauthorised access to Government engineering resources for services such as the Government on Commercial Cloud (GCC) 2.0 and the Singapore Government Tech Stack (SGTS).
SEED is part of the service management component of the Singapore Government Tech Stack (SGTS). SGTS is a set of platform tools that streamlines and simplifies the development process and enables code reuse across WOG to build secure, high-quality applications.
SEED serves the following functions:
- Detects and provides remediation steps for known malware.
- Detects if the endpoint meets the required security hardening baseline according to the corresponding Center of Internet Security (CIS) benchmark for the installed endpoint operating system.
- Detects if the endpoint’s operating system version and security patches are up to date.
- Prevents access to GCC and SGTS services if the above requirements are not met.
Zero Trust replaces traditional Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections and network-based security policies with a standardised central identity provider. It offers enforcement of access policies requiring authorised users using authorized devices with compliant device postures.
SEED comprises the following components:
- TechPass - An Identity & Access Management (IAM) and Single Sign-On (SSO) solution
- Cloudflare Teams - A security platform that enforces Zero trust network access
- DEEP (Development Environment Endpoint Posture) – the device management layer of the MDM platform
Refer to the full FAQ for SEED here
Reach out to the product team with your queries or feedback through this form.
Last updated 26 January 2023
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.