The GoWhere Suite is a ground-up initiative by GovTech’s Government Digital Services (GDS). GoWhere was created in Feb 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and addresses the need for a rapid and reliable source of information. It also supports location/eligibility-based information queries/discoveries, functions as an inclusive mass media channel and provides OpsTech integration to support Government distribution operations.
The GoWhere Suite currently exists as a mini-stack featuring various government portals and has been used in 16 Government initiatives, garnering a total of 39 million website visits (as of Jun 2022).
The GoWhere Suite serves two key functions:
1. Provides authenticated COVID-19-related information quickly
The COVID-19 pandemic was volatile and rapidly evolving between 2020 and 2022. This meant that the guidelines and measures in response to the pandemic were also constantly being updated. Furthermore, the extensive impact of COVID-19 necessitated response measures that cut across many Government agencies.
As a result, individuals and businesses found it difficult to keep up with the latest information, and it was taxing for them to gather information from multiple agencies. As a one-stop resource hub for all COVID-19-related information, GoWhere Directory facilitates citizens and businesses to access rapid and reliable information during the pandemic.
2. Provides location information of distribution sites
The pandemic also necessitated unprecedented nationwide distribution efforts. GoWhere’s suite of websites, such as ARTGoWhere and TokenGoWhere, facilitated these nationwide distribution efforts using location-based information queries/discoveries.
The GoWhere Suite consists of the following websites, developed by GovTech in collaboration with government agencies:
- GoWhere Directory
Beyond the Covid-19 pandemic, plans are in place for GoWhere Suite to continue providing up-to-date official information to Singapore residents.
The application stack of GoWhere Suite is relevant to any generic distribution operations or location/eligibility-based query information systems. Thus, the GoWhere Suite can potentially transform the delivery of social services.
One of the key websites in the Gowhere Suite is SupportGoWhere:
- SupportGoWhere is a platform for citizens to seek assistance for various needs. It also has a support recommender to aid in determining eligibility for the various schemes.
- SupportGoWhere was used to launch COVID-19 support grants such as the COVID-19 Recovery Grant (CRG), COVID-19 Recovery Grant - Temporary (Aug 21) (CRG-T) and the Courage Fund (TCF). As of Jun 2022, the site has experienced 4.8 million visits and 2 million unique visitors since Apr 2020.
- In addition, government agencies and organisations such as the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), National Council of Social Service (NCSS), SG Enable (SGE), and Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) are exploring the expansion of SupportGoWhere as a one-stop social assistance portal.
GoWhere Suite is free for the public to use.
Reach out to the product team with your queries or feedback through this form.
Last updated 09 May 2023
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Did this page help you? - No
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.