The Government on Commercial Cloud (GCC) platform takes the vision of Digital Governance forward by bringing the capabilities of commercial cloud computing platforms to ICT systems in public sector. GCC is a “wrapper” platform that provides agencies with a consistent means to adopt commercial cloud offered by Amazon, Microsoft and Google.
As of 2021, over 500 systems have been onboarded.
What’s Next: Announcing GCC 2.0
Based on the feedback from the users, we worked to offer an enhanced GCC 2.0 to:
- Provide faster response to changes in policies and business requirements
- Replace components with cloud native solutions to reduce cost and simplify onboarding process
- Provide a productive environment where engineers can focus on building and delivering innovative solutions and systems
GCC 2.0 Features
- Single Identity: TechPass - Single identity, streamlined on/off boarding and simplified access to GCC
- Endpoint Posture Checks: SEED - Real-time periodic posture checks with capability to terminate only individual services
- Access Control: Cloudflare Access - Realtime secured identity (with MFA) and device posture through an encrypted channel to access GCC
- Controls & Compliance: GCC 2.0 Infra - Security controls using identity access management and policy-as-code. GCC 2.0 CMP - Less dependence on cloud management portal for control and enable more automation over service requests
- Native Workload Administration: Cloud Native - Relies on more reliable CSP native workload administration
To know more about GCC 2.0 join a virtual conference, Stack X Cloud 2021 on 17 November 2021.
While GCC 2.0 gets ready for the pilot phase, agencies can continue to move to GCC 1.0. Sign up for the GCC Foundation Training for basic training on GCC 1.0.
For enquiries, contact email@example.com.
Last updated 02 December 2021
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.