Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg websites (e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted website
Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
The OpenAttestation (OA) Wallet App is an open-source mobile app that showcases how having a mobile app can complement a provider’s overall OA solution.
This reference app enables others to build their own mobile app for OpenAttestation. It helps users securely store, view, verify, and share important documents with ease, while addressing common pain points such as document management, verification, and sharing.
With the OA Wallet App, users can simply and conveniently:
- Store OA documents and access them easily whenever needed
- View OA documents in their rendered format with a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate and understand documents
- Verify the integrity of OA documents with a built-in verification feature that ensures documents are authentic and tamper-free
- Share OA documents easily with others via email, messaging apps, or any other preferred method
- Present OA documents to a Verifier via a temporary QR code, which can be scanned to verify the authenticity of documents
- Scan an OA Wallet App QR code to verify and view a document instantly without needing any additional steps
Users can have peace of mind knowing that important documents are always accessible and easily verifiable.
How It Works
The app is built on the OpenAttestation open-source framework, which is based on blockchain and cryptographic technology. The framework provides a set of standards and tools for creating and verifying tamper-proof documents that are secure, interoperable, and verifiable.
By using OA, organisations can create digital documents that can be verified without the need for a centralised authority or intermediary.
OA is designed to support a wide range of use cases, including academic certificates, professional licences, and legal documents. The framework is highly customisable, allowing organisations to define their own document templates, data schemas, and validation rules.
In addition, the framework is supported by a vibrant and active community of developers, contributors, and users. It is licensed under the Apache 2.0 licence and is available for anyone to use, modify, and contribute to.
The OA Wallet App is open source, and the reference implementation is available for both Android and iOS. The app works by associating itself to be a consumer of OA Documents produced by an OA system.
As a reference implementation, the OA Wallet App demonstrates the concept of the specifications being applied, such as how an Android or iOS app can handle OA documents for viewing and verification.
- Improved accessibility: The mobile app provides a user-friendly and accessible platform for storing, viewing, and sharing OA documents. Organisations can streamline their document management processes and make it easier for employees, customers, or stakeholders to access important and tamper-proof information.
- Enhanced security: The app’s document verification process ensures the authenticity and integrity of OA documents, providing an added layer of security for important information.
- Efficient sharing of documents: OpenAttestation documents can be easily shared via email, text, or other messaging platforms. This can help organisations save time and resources on document distribution, while ensuring that the documents remain tamper-proof even when shared.
- Seamless integration: The app’s ability to scan OpenAttestation Wallet App QR codes allows for seamless integration with other apps, providing a more cohesive and streamlined experience for users.
- Increased trust: By adopting OpenAttestation Wallet App, organisations can explore decentralised use cases, such as empowering ground personnel to perform document verification outside of a secured environment.
Reach out to the product team with your queries or feedback through this form.
Last updated 29 June 2023
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.