What is SHIP-HATS?
SHIP (Secure Hybrid Integration Pipeline)-HATS (Hive Agile Testing Solutions) is Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery CI/CD component within SG Government Tech Stack (SGTS) with security and governance guardrails that enables developers to plan, build, test and deploy code to production.
This is a multi-tenanted Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based end-to-end CI/CD for all applications that is classified as restricted and below.
Benefits of SHIP-HATS
- Policy Compliance: Standardised development tools and environment that is set up in compliance with Application Infrastructure Architecture Standard (AIAS) and Instruction Manual 8 on Information Technology (IM8) policies.
- Better Quality: Automated security testing detects vulnerabilities early in the development cycle helping to deliver high quality applications. SHIP-HATS allows agencies to follow prescriptive workflow templates and share knowledge among themselves.
- Visibility & Transparency: Agencies will always have access to source code and hence a better understanding of how the project is progressing.
- Shortened Time-to-market: Agencies can shorten the time to market by leveraging on SHIP-HATS CI/CD tools with predefined & re-usable configurations into their system and do not have to invest in resources/time to do procurement with different commercial providers. Agencies also do not have to invest resources to re-train staff who were re-deployed across agencies.
- Economies of Scale: SHIP-HATS purchases licenses in bulk and redistributes them for use in smaller quantities to agencies and is offered as a complete package with no hidden cost.
- GovTech Managed: The CI/CD tools are procured and managed by GovTech letting you focus on your core application.
- Performance Management Dashboard: Value-Stream Measurement capabilities that allow Agencies to capture key industry metrics, such as lead time to deployment and deployment frequency, to monitor the effectiveness of their DevSecOps practices
Tools in SHIP-HATS
|Project Management||GitLab Service Desk, Issues & Wiki, Jira (Cloud), Confluence (Cloud)|
|Development, Build, Release||GitLab|
|QA & Security||GitLab, SonarQube, Fortify SCA & WebInspect, Prisma Cloud Container Image Scanner|
Check out Tools in SHIP-HATS 2.0 to learn more.
- SHIP-HATS 2.0 technical documentation - Coming soon!
- SHIP-HATS 1.0 technical documentation.
- DevSecOps Playbook.
SHIP-HATS 2.0 tools are announced! Check out the migration documentation for details.
While we work on SHIP-HATS 2.0 subscription details, you can check out SHIP-HAT 1.0 subscriptions details. Stay tuned for updates.
Reach out to the product team with your queries or feedback through this form.
Last updated 11 August 2022
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.