LifeSG provides citizens with an app that consolidates services and information across various government agencies, and provides recommendations that are personalised according to user profiles and preferences. Users can explore more than 70 government services and receive reminders for appointments and event bookings made on the app. One such service is the electronic birth registration, which currently handles 70% of birth registrations in Singapore. The electronic birth registration service integrates birth registrations, application for government grants (e.g. Baby Bonus), and new National Library Board (NLB) membership applications into a single process. This reduces the typical time spent from an hour to just 15 minutes!
What is LifeSG?
LifeSG was initially launched as Moments of Life (MOL), which was aimed at serving parents with young children only. In August 2020, MOL was rebranded as LifeSG with a new vision to serve all citizens during various key stages of their lives.
To date, the LifeSG app has been downloaded more than 290,000 times. It has facilitated a range of services including electronic birth registration, eligibility checking for more than 30 types of COVID-19 grants and assistance, and access to Merdeka Generation (MG) or Pioneer Generation (PG) e-cards.
Why Should LifeSG be Adopted?
The key benefits of LifeSG are as shown below:
- Convenience at Your Fingertips: LifeSG provides citizens with convenient access to important government services, rather than requiring them to navigate multiple websites or apps.
- Government Services that are Clear and Simple: LifeSG connects citizens with relevant services and information by providing personalised recommendations.
- Set Up Your Account in Minutes: Citizens can set up their profiles instantly with Myinfo. Myinfo enables ease of filling up government forms as users only have to provide their personal data once before they can utilise pre-filled forms for subsequent transactions with the government.
How Do You Use LifeSG?
Users can connect with the government using the following features on LifeSG:
- Personalised Dashboard: LifeSG’s home screen displays a dashboard that contains content, services, and events that are personalised based on the user’s profile.
- User-Friendly Guides: LifeSG contains guides that integrate information across multiple government agencies, making it convenient for users to view all the relevant information they might need in a centralised location.
- Personalised Benefits and Support Modules: Users can view a list of benefits that they are entitled to at a glance such as GST Vouchers and SingapoRediscover Vouchers (SRVs). Over 21,000 users accessed this function in January 2021.
- Personalised Eligibility Checkers and Calculators: By answering a few simple questions, users can view the list of government support schemes they are eligible for and estimate the amount of benefits and support they can receive. This provides added convenience to users as they no longer have to navigate and process the eligibility criteria of individual schemes.
- Explore Services: Citizens can explore and easily access various government services. Information is grouped according to topics of interest, such as family and parenting, work and employment, healthcare, and housing and property. About 10,000 users access this feature each month.
- Integrated Services: For some complex transactions, LifeSG integrates multiple government touchpoints to provide a more seamless experience. For example, the electronic birth registration service enables new parents to register for Baby Bonus and even sign up for a library card for their child, all at the same time!
- With LifeSG, Chien Koh Wei, a second-time dad, was able to swiftly register the birth of his second child and save himself a trip to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The app enabled Koh Wei to complete the birth registration process as well as apply for his child’s Baby Bonus without leaving his wife’s side after birth. When the time comes for Koh Wei to plan for his children’s future, he can also easily search and narrow down childcare centres and preschools with LifeSG.
- Apart from new parents, LifeSG has also helped Cheryl Choo, an enthusiastic volunteer who frequently assists senior citizens. Cheryl shared that LifeSG is one of the best ways for senior citizens to check on government policies or schemes that apply to them. She teaches the elderly to search for ongoing active ageing programmes and join community networks using the LifeSG app. Thereby, enabling them to maintain an active social life. Aside from her volunteer work, Cheryl also uses LifeSG to check on her HDB grants and loan eligibility when she makes financial plans for her new home with her fiancé.
The LifeSG team plans to improve the dashboard to provide citizens with an overview of key personal information such as their CPF, housing, and education details. They also aim to continuously add new features to serve citizens in other aspects of their life journey.
Users can download the LifeSG app from the App Store for iPhone users and Google Play for Android phone users.
For more details on LifeSG, including links to download the app, please visit https://www.life.gov.sg.
If you have questions, technical reports, or feedback, please click here.
Last updated 24 February 2022
Thanks for letting us know that this page is useful for you!
If you've got a moment, please tell us what we did right so that we can do more of it.
Thanks for letting us know that this page still needs work to be done.
If you've got a moment, please tell us how we can make this page better.